Wednesday, August 06, 2008

My Washington DC Trip over the 4th of July

It is officially now over a month since I visited Washington D.C. to see some sites and mainly to see my friends. I took a couple of days off to visit over the 4th of July weekend. It was mostly a visit of running around to see my friends (whose pic's I am not posting here... for that matter, neither is my pic). It was perfect weather -- not too hot or humid. All in all, it was a good trip albeit slightly tiring by the time I got home. Here are some pic's.


The United States Supreme Court!!
As an attorney, I was a bit awed to walk around and see where the Supreme Court hears cases.
The White House.
I went to the newest museum -- Newseum. This is a piece of Berlin Wall. I remember how our history teacher in high school threw out his entire lesson plan for the day and talked about what a historic occasion it was to have the Berlin Wall crumble down. As a typical, apathetic high school kid, I didn't really understand the magnitude then.
This is a hall where front pages of various newspapers all around the world were posted every day.
We were trying to watch fireworks, but it started to lightly rain. This is a picture of my yellow umbrella (my favorite!!), keeping our feet and cameras dry.
One of kzillion firework pictures I took.
Another one. You'll note the dark mass on the right obscuring part of the firework... it was actually smoke from the fireworks.
And another one, with lots of colors!

In all a great trip. These pictures are very belated but better late than never!

No comments: