Sunday, February 13, 2011

Use of Recycle Bags

For the last few years, to go green, a movement has begun encouraging using own bags for grocery stores. You have seen them -- grocery stores even sell those bags. The thinking is that plastic bags are being wasted.

But for me, I actually use plastic bags. I use them as trash bags, instead of buying trash bags. Plus, paper bags from Trader Joe's are used to recycle newspapers (along with the paper bags). So, I decided to use the recycle bags for grocery shopping at Zion's -- Korean grocery store. Why? Because it tends to give me 20 plastic bags (seriously!) for buying only a handful of grocery. The cashier there tends to throw few things in a plastic bag and give you lots of bags. And while I do use plastic bags, I don't have that many trash cans.

It's been a little weird using my recycle bags, because I don't see any other patrons at the Korean grocery store bringing their own bag. At Trader Joe's, though, where I really can use a little more paper bags, I don't get enough. And I see everyone else in there with their own recycle bags. Kinda ironic to me.

No comments: