Sunday, March 13, 2011

Not All Blu Ray Dvd's Are Created Equal

The first blu ray dvd I rented and popped into my blu ray dvd player was "Prince of Persia." It was a jaw-dropping experience because the picture was sharper and clearer than HD channels on TV. It literally seemed to "pop" more. Thinking that blu ray dvd's were all going to "pop," I bought "Zombieland" in blu ray. I was disappointed because there wasn't that jaw-dropping "pop" I expected.

It turns out, not all blu ray dvd's are created equal. Some are formatted better than others. The only blu ray dvd's I have seen that popped are "Prince of Persia" and "Repo Men." It would be nice if the packaging disclosed what was formatted at the highest HD level and which are not. In the meantime, this website reviewing blu ray dvd's will have to do.

1 comment:

JT said...

Hi H,

The Digital Bits (www.thedigitalbits.com) is another DVD/Blu-Ray review site you may like to check out.

JT