Sunday, May 15, 2005

Gaineswood entrance.

The old Gaineswood plaque.

On the way to Gaineswood, you see lots of columns.

The garden in front of Gaineswood.

There used to be a lake back in 1800's but now, it's just grass.

Columns and I forget what the square ones are called. The top of the column shows that this is a Corinthian one.

The one with curls at top is an Ionic column, and one with plain top is a Doric pilaster (I think that's what you call ones that are square instead of cylindrical).

The ballroom.

There were pretty stained glass (transom?) on top of doorways.

Bedroom. The bed is original furnishing and the bedposts have pineapples carved.

Another bedroom with a trundle. Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the pictures of my old family home.

haeji said...

It was a beautiful house and I wish I had taken more pictures.