Friday, September 30, 2005

The "Topanga" Fire

The newscast has named the fire as the "Topanga" Fire. That's one of the canyon's name around here and the name of the street near where the fire first started. It appears that the fire has moved away from at least West Hills. Supposedly the day is supposed to be a bit cooler than last few days (it's been 90-100 degrees in the valley) so that is good news. Hopefully, they will have better containment than 5% today, and we can stop watching the news.

I couldn't resist snapping a couple of pictures of the TV screen last night before going to bed.

1 comment:

Gene said...

Well? What has happened since then?!

Oh, and um, come visit my website, I have ... uh ... pencils that I sell. (I really don't but I cave in easily to peer pressure.) They're, um, Disney World pencils, I think.