Saturday, August 12, 2006

Mom and dad while we wait to take the boat to Anacapa Island.

The functioning lighthouse at Anacapa Island. We could hear the fog horn.

A view from the entrance of Anacapa Island.

There were kzillion (literally) Western Gulls (you know, the white sea gulls??). This is a baby sea gull -- they are brown for about 4-5 years.

Cathedral Cove at Anacapa Island. You can't see it here, but because this is part of the marine sanctuary, there is a big kelp forest.

One of the native vegetations. I think this is called buckwheat (I can't remember).

A view from the Inspiration Point. It was pretty gorgeous.

Mom, me, and dad at the Inspiration Point.

A better shot of the Inspiration Point.

That's me! We are on our way back from hiking.

Kelp forest. Helps keep the ecosystem in balance and all.

On our way out from Anacapa Island.

I made the arch. Believe me?

Ok, it's part of the Anacapa Island.

Final shot of the Anacapa Island. The views were pretty awesome. Posted by Picasa

No comments: