Saturday, February 13, 2010

Dear "Just Another Admirer"

Dear "Just Another Admirer,"
Thank you for the beautiful tulips. They made my day, especially because I expected another Valentine's Day to pass by me... without much celebration.

When I listened to my voicemail today from my apartment's office telling me I need to pick up flowers, I was frankly quite shocked. As I was walking down that long windy hallway to the office, I thought maybe they got the wrong person. Who could have possibly sent me flowers? Maybe it's a single token flower from some non-profit organization I donated.

When I got to the office, I waited another eternally long 15 minutes while the person who was being helped was finally off on her way. Then the manager went back and lo and behold, she brought back a box of flowers from Pro Flowers shipped overnight by UPS. The huge box was most certainly addressed to me, and it was not a token flower from a non-profit organization.

I hurried back to my apartment to rip open the box. In the box lay a bouquet of tulips... with a card wishing me a "Happy Valentine's Day" signed by "Just Another Admirer."

I was stunned. And then I was wearing the biggest smile. After that, my mind began to race. Who is this??? I began to think of ways to figure out who you are. How could I not? My curiosity remains high. And I hope some day you will reveal yourself to me before my curiosity kills me. But for now, I would like to thank you (and hope that you are reading this) for the lovely flowers. They brightened my day. And YOU brought cheer and hope that the dream of love will not die.

These are the flowers you sent me (although I'm sure you already know).


Whoever you are, Happy Valentine's Day!
And someday, I hope I find out who you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi,

This is Mike, I send you an email to your yahoo account... about law notes! can you contact me on mike (at) law iki dot com