Monday, January 03, 2011

2011 Resolution

Ok. So I don't really make new year resolutions. But there is one resolve I made a few years back (I think on my birthday??) that's been running for a while, and I am determined to finish it. No, it's not about my weight. It's about my books. Yes, books.

I love to read, and I love libraries. Free books, who can complain? Unfortunately, that means I end up reading lots of library books before the due date and none of the books I actually buy or have been gifted to me by friends. (Friends, if you are reading, please don't buy me books anymore... I feel guilty).

Anyway, so here's a list of books that I actually own but have not read (some for YEARS!). I really, really want to read all of them and will not go to the library to borrow new books until I do.
1) Never Let Me Go by Ishiguro
2) Desperation by King
3) The Fencing Master by Perez-Reverte
4) The Surrendered by Lee
5) Lacuna by Kingsolver
6) Don Quixote by Cervantes
7) Persuasion by Austen
8) Armadale by Collins
9) Guns, Germs, and Steel by Diamond
10) Collapse by Diamond
11) 4 Novels by Dickens
12) Collected Stories and Poems by Poe
13) Short Stories of O'Henry.

Who knows? Maybe this is the year I do finish all of my books I own.

No comments: