Friday, April 07, 2006

43 Things and All Consuming

There's a new link on the left for showing things that I "consumed." I've been looking for a way to keep track of all the books I read. I tried to keep up a separate blog, but frankly, I get lazy about posting an entry. I have too many thoughts or I move on to the next book so I forget my thoughts on books I already read. So that hasn't worked well in keeping a list.

I also tried to keep a list on my friendster entry, but I don't check that site often enough and there's no separate place for me to simple enter list of books.

I have been keeping brief entries in 43 things. This is a site where you set your goals... can be anywhere from reading a book, to becoming a millionaire, to exercising more, to falling in love, etc. Then you post (or not) and share your goals with others. I recently noticed that it has an affilate site, All Consuming. And this is the EXACT site I was looking for!! It allows me to enter books I read, am reading, or intend to read. The choices are phrased in terms of "consumption" -- "I have consumed this;" "I intend to consume this"; or "I am consuming this." The categories include books, music, movie, food & drink, and other. I think it's a fantastic site (only because I have been looking for one) allowing you to just keep a simple list of what you did. And you can share the list with others and give your quick & dirty opinion -- "wishy washy," "worth consuming," or "not worth consuming."

I have entered all the books I read since beginning of this year. I intend to use this site to update my reading list so you can check out what I'm reading!

No comments: