Thursday, April 13, 2006

Getting $150 from NetBank

I'll take free money wherever I can. ;) It's even better if it's because of doing nothing more than rejiggering money funds.

Anyway, I recently opened a NetBank checking account through this link.
http://www.netbank.com/pro342.htm

And I am due to get $75 soon. I have to have at least $1,500 for 30 days before they credit my account for $75.

But then, I noticed I can also get $75 for opening NetBank's Money Market Account through this link.
http://www.netbank.com/pro348.htm

I was curious whether I could get that $75 bonus as well, and it turns out I can. As long as I never opened a NetBank Money Market Account before, they will give me a $75 bonus. I also need to keep a balance of $1,500 for at least 30 days before I get that bonus. It's not the highest interest rate out there for a money market account, but I get $75 for just opening the account! Can't complain about that.

If you want to get your free $75 or $150 (depending on if you want to open both), you need to do it before June 30, 2006. That's when the promotion ends.

The only downside to NetBank is that it's an internet bank so I can't just walk into a branch office. Other than that, I haven't had major problems yet... but then again, I just opened them!

No comments: