Sunday, April 20, 2008

Free Wi-Fi and Character

This blog is being written from Rebecca's Coffee House located at 3015 Juniper Street, San Diego, CA. I've been here since 9:30 a.m. this morning, and I haven't left my chair by the window since (it's 3:10 p.m. right now). Except to get a Yerba Mate tea (which actually tastes like mate!), a toasted turkey cheese melt sandwich, and strawberry lemonade. All great drinks and food. I still have half of sandwich left over (it was way much). There's a cat napping next to a lady on an oversized, warm-chocolate couch across from me. She's reading "Silent Spring" by Rachel Carson (I did a report about this when I was in Junior High, oddly enough), another patron is right by, surfing the web. The place is warm, inviting, and has quite a character. And I've already chatted up with a fellow singer from SD Master Chorale and a friend and her husband who dropped by to say hello.

My goal is to finish reading "Kafka on the Shore" by Haruki Murakami. I've been meaning to check out this cafe for some time, and I am so at home at this cafe! People are from all over -- students, writers, a group of knitters/sewers, and lots of random laoptops open everywhere. Oh, in case the title of the post doesn't clue you in, there's free wi-fi.

I would post a picture of cafe except I feel lazy and don't want to reach into my backpack for my camera. I might snap a parting shot as I leave... maybe in a couple of hours. I know Starbucks have their fans, but corporate polish has nothing on Rebecca's charm.

(updated at 5:20 pm)
Ok, I took a couple of parting shots as I left Rebecca's. =)


No comments: