Friday, May 09, 2008

Great Advice from a Stranger

Sometimes, best advice comes from people you have never met before in your life.

I love Trader Joe's. It's one of my primary grocery stores. Wherever I go, I look for Trader Joe's. The only thing is, it's everyone's favorite grocery store. TJ's definitely has its fans, for a good reason.

A couple of weeks ago on Saturday morning, I came back from my usual TJ run to Hillcrest, carrying my paper bags full of TJ grocery (I use paper bags to recycle newspapers so I don't feel bad). I bumped into someone at my apartment elevator, who saw my TJ bags. He asked me if I liked TJ. I said of course, and he recommended that I check out the Trader Joe's at Point Loma. According to this stranger, it was bigger, better, and not crowded. Not crowded?? I did not believe him, to be honest. But I thanked him and went my merry way.

I was curious, though, and checked online for Trader Joe's location at Point Loma. I went last Saturday, and I was amazed. It is bigger. It is better. AND it is NOT CROWDED!!! It appears to be pretty new, and I'm guessing the word hasn't spread about the location yet. I meandered through the whole store, thoroughly enjoying the fact that I was one of about 10 shoppers and could actually get to all the items I wanted without waiting for someone to step aside. And this was at 11 am Saturday morning. Amazing.

I guess, sometimes, the best advice comes from perfect strangers. To whoever you are, thanks!! =)

No comments: