Monday, May 05, 2008

Red Bull Air Race -- Second Day

It's only the end of Monday, and already, I am almost forgetting what I did exactly over the weekend (it's that kind of start for my work week ... or another sign of getting old). But before I completely forget and before I dive back into my fiction writing business, I have to post one more post about Red Bull Air Race. I went back the second day (May 4) and got to stand in a better viewing spot. Unfortunately, I got there a little too early and was shivering for about 1.5 hours before I saw any racers fly by me. Yes, I consider 60's to be cold. ;) Here are some more pictures of racers. After I got to see some fly by and got some pictures, I promptly came back to my apartment and fell into a mini-coma/long nap.

A couple of cones that planes have to pass through.

I was standing under a tree.

This is what I didn't see the day before. Planes passing through these 4 cones.
People from all over apparently came... including someone from Brazil (or Brasil).
A racer passing through the finish line.
After zig-zagging through 4 cones.
Racer zig-zags through the cones.
And makes it look easy!
To pass through these cones and turn back for another loop.

Flying through the course to next set of cones.
Watching racers zig-zag through these 4 cones was way cool. Even if I was really cold and wanted another layer of sweaters!

No comments: