Monday, January 19, 2009

Heat Wave in San Diego = Surf's UP!

It was a gorgeous weekend -- 70's and low 80's -- in San Diego. I finally got a chance to go out and soak in the sun. I'm making it a mission to make it down to the small, private beach in Sunset Cliffs (the path is steep and not marked from the top of the cliffs). But for today, I simply enjoyed surfers taking advantage of the great weather while reading my book out by the cliffs.


View of the beach at the bottom of the Sunset Cliffs. The water was clear enough you could see the bottom.


The beach is actually not that big... but because it's hard to get down, it's also not that crowded. I'm determined to get down there one day!


Other folks enjoying the view from the cliffs as well.


What view? Rolling waves and surfing!



Riding the wave.


There were quite a few surfers... all clamoring for a little bit of the wave.

No comments: