Monday, January 19, 2009

San Diego Restaurant Week -- Kitchen Confidential

So during the San Diego Restaurant Week (1/11 through 1/16), my friends and I tried out Kitchen Confidential in the heart of downtown San Diego. It was a hip, trendy place to be seen, apparently.. with loud music and great looking but completely impractical tables and chairs. For the restaurant week, Kitchen Confidential had $30 menu, where you can choose any 4 dishes. Given that the vibe was so hip, I was a little afraid that the food would be more about presentation than taste. I shouldn't have feared.. the food was great! I had to take pictures... they were pretty and yummy.



I hate vegetables.. and am no fan of salads. But I ordered a portobella mushroom salad... and was quite impressed.



This is deconstructed pizza. Basically, ingredients of pizza. It was a lot of food so I got to eat it for lunch and dinner afterwards.


And this was unbelievably delectable. This is Vietnamese scallops. Even though it was the smallest dish, it was the best dish I tasted. If you ever go, you have to try it.

$30 was well spent on Kitchen Confidential.

No comments: