Thursday, April 23, 2009

Being the Butterfly

So today is Shakespeare's birthday...and my birthday! Back in my college days, I was an assistant to an English professor, who told me my birthday is same as Shakespeare's. So that's a little trivia I haven't forgotten.

The other thing I haven't forgotten is one particular birthday wish. Every year, I get birthday wishes from friends I think of so often but don't get to talk to nearly enough... and then I nearly fall out of my chair that they actually remembered my birthday. One particular birthday wish from the past has stuck with me even now because my friend sent me a quote which was just perfect... It was:

"The butterfly counts not years but moments and has time enough." by Rabindranath Tagore.

I plan on being that butterfly to count another year of hopefully great moments.

2 comments:

JT said...

Happy Belated Birthday

haeji said...

Thanks! =)