Wednesday, April 22, 2009

My Trash and Recycling Bags

There's a movement afoot to eliminate plastic bags and paper bags at grocery stores. Basically, to save the environment, the thought is to use reusable bags for grocery. In San Diego, there's a proposal to start levying fees for using plastic bags or paper bags. I saw a local news where the weather woman commented, "But I use the plastic bags for kitty litter!" And she joked that this would cause problem for all cat lovers.

Actually, as a non-pet owner, I have a problem with getting rid of plastic bags and paper bags. I actually use them as my trash bags (for plastic bags) and recycling bags (for newspaper, plastic bottles, etc.). So if I have to use reusable bags, what will I do? I will go buy plastic bags that will line up my trash cans. Which damages my wallet more than it does me now.

Can't we just require people to re-use their bags? Apparently, at least one cat lover, does. Don't other people re-use the plastic and/or paper bags???

4 comments:

227guy said...

Although I agree with Al Frankin that Rush Limbaugh is a big fat idiot, every 6 months or so I turn on his show to see what paranoid delusion he is having that day. One time when I turned it on he was in an uproar about San Francisco requiring people to either recycle their bags or pay 25 cents per pag. Rush was enraged as he realized that this would cause a major increase in crime because homeless people do not carry around plastic bags with them. They would regularly rob law abiding citizens to get their bags. He got pretty hysterical. The first caller got somehow made it through the screener and told him he was a big fat idiot.

Anonymous said...

I don't think it is appropriate to attack the weightlessness of Rush Limbaugh's idea's because of his weight. I have heard though that the most dangerous place to be in the world is standing between Rush Limbaugh and the entrance of a Hometown Buffet.

Anonymous said...

Although I agree with what both of you are saying, I think that a better way to say it is, saeng-il chugha hoagie.

haeji said...

Thanks! You realize I'm going to go around all day wondering about who "Anonymous" actually is and can remember what day today is??