Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Hilarity of an Honest Question

Because my friend heard that this may be the last year that Comic-Con will be held here in San Diego, we bought tickets to attend Comic-Con for Sunday. We saw some folks in costumes. I saw a LOT of people with various gadgets (iPhone, souped up netbooks, other phones that seem even cooler than iPhone) walking... with a sword on the other hand.

We ended up watching a preview of the Smallville's next season and Q&A of the panel, which included the actor that plays Superman in that show. I don't really watch the show, but I have to admit the actor is good looking. So the funniest moment for the audience of 6,000 (that's how many the moderator said was in the audience) came when this girl went up to ask her question. The first thing she said... she didn't -- she sighed. And the entire audience was busting up with laughter.

Then she said, "Mr. Tom Welling, my questions is for you. Could you tell me what was the most exciting or interesting thing that happened on the set and could you make it long so you could keep looking at me?" It was so hilarious, I thought I would start crying from laughing so hard. The entire audience's laughter was enough to drown out the answer.

And the actor was pretty accommodating. He said "Well" BIG Pause. Big laughter from the audience. "I would say" ANOTHER BIG Pause. And another gale of laughter from the audience. And so on. And yes, he looked at the girl the WHOLE time. And in the middle of his answer, she sighed once again.

It was the funniest moment of my life. Someone should put that in Youtube. Oh wait. It is. =)

No comments: