Sunday, August 02, 2009

Moving My Law School Outline Website

So Yahoo!'s Geocities is shutting down. Unfortunately, all my law school outlines are at Geocities. Why? Because it's free. So now, I have to look for another web host and transfer all my files. The thought of moving all those files just bum me out. It took 3 years of work (mostly right before finals) to upload all those files. Not that it's the prettiest of sites, and I'm sure some law is outdated. But my basic premise was for law school outlines to be readable once you click through a link.. instead of downloading a file to view the outline.

I started searching for web hosts but if you know of a good one (preferably free... because I am frugal), please leave me a note.

On a related, but not really related topic, I took my mentee, who just graduated from law school, out for lunch on Saturday. She just took the bar and made a comment about using computers to take the bar. That made me quiz her about the law school finals and use of computer. When I was in law school, having my laptop in class to take notes was a novelty -- I was one of 3 or 4 students who did that. She told me that now, everybody has a laptop and that there is a software to take finals with laptops. With free wifi, apparently people are surfing the net in class, and professors compete with internet for attention. On the flip side, people IM answers to you if professor starts questioning you. I found all of this fascinating. And my mentee was quite bemused by my questioning... of what was to her a very basic thing in school now.

Like my outlines, probably, I felt a bit outdated. ;)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Haeji,

How are you? This is Hyok, you know from ECR and Cal. Long time. I have some questions for you and would really appreciate it if you could write back to me at noreplyhyok@gmail.com. I hope you're doing well.

haeji said...

Hyok! Did you get my email?

Unknown said...

No, sorry. Strange. Can you try mrjoechong@gmail.com. Thanks for trying.

haeji said...

Hmmm. I just forwarded my email to the other address. Let me know if you get it or not. If not, I'll try emailing from my other email.