Tuesday, April 26, 2005

LA Visit for My Birthday

So I am back from Los Angeles. I flew Northwest and arrived last Thursday. I left Monday morning, and woke up at 4:30 a.m. to get to the airport. I have to say, Northwest is pretty stingy. They sell little box of food that only has snack food for $3 instead of sandwich or anything substantial. It was a good thing I brought my own food.

Anyway, on my birthday morning, Saturday, I dragged my parents out for a little hike at Charmlee Wilderness Park. This park is in Malibu and is about 30-40 minutes away from where my parents live. It's not a long or strenuous hike (it's actually too easy to be called a hike), but a beautiful hike because of wildflowers during spring and the panoramic view of the Pacific Ocean. Fortunately, we didn't run into any rattle snakes. I wasn't quick enough to get a picture of a rabbit (brown) that scampered past us. It was a gorgeous, fog-free day, and I loved soaking in the view of the ocean. I miss it!!

Early next morning, I made my sister drive me down to the beach and spent the morning browsing through our Sunday newspaper, sipping our boba drink (ahhh I miss those too), eating our donut holes, and just chilled out for a while. I never said I was a health nut. I chased the waves and a sandpiper, trying to get a closeup. It turns out, we parked our car a little too far down... because we missed all the surfers further up North! Good surfers always make riding waves look so easy. ;)

All in all a great weekend because I got to see everything I wanted, spent time with my family, and shopped like a fiend at Camarillo Premium Outlet Store. =P

I may go see "To Kill a Mockingbird" in Monroeville or Indian burial grounds this weekend. If anyone actually knows the name of the flowers I took pictures of, I would love to know. I'm not diligent enough to research. =P

No comments: