Monday, August 08, 2005

Ivy covered trees were everywhere in Tennessee. They were rather freaky.

View of the river next to Comfort Inn at Gatlinburg, TN

Upstream view of the river.

That's me! My sister won't let me put her pic's up on my blogs. So you get to see me instead. :P

Gatlinburg was rather touristy... more so than we expected.

Entrance to Great Smoky Mountains.

Trees in Smoky Mountains.

Fog between the mountains created a haunting effect.

But it was no fun sightseeing in the rain.

Another part of the Smoky Mountains.

A clearer shot of the Smoky Mountains.

We drove on Newfound Gap (US 441) to see the Smoky Mountains.

Another shot of the road we were on.

Isn't this cool? It was quite pretty to see the fogs rolling between the mountain peaks.

So I had to take a shot with me in it.

Morton overlook was where all the fogs rolled between the peaks.

We stopped at the visitor center and noticed this sign. In case you were wondering about your first amendment rights.

Crossing the Tennessee River.

This is the Tennessee River.

This is Ohio River. I know... how can I tell the difference? Magic.

We got into Illinois.

We were on 57North for a while.

Illinois was rather flat. With lots of corn fields.

We took 70 and 64 to get to St. Charles.

Type of houses you see in Illinois.

Police cars in Missouri. Police cars in different states were rather different. I wanted to get some pic's just because.

Crossing the Mississippi River!

Skyline of St. Louis.

We got off at Metropolis Illinois where, as you can see, there was a giant superman statue. We decided to keep going but couldn't resist taking this picture.

Gateway Arch of St. Louis. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

haeji said...

hmmm. maybe. i think there were bizarre rides that we just breezed through. too much like disney. speaking of disney, they are planning to build a huge resort type of hotel there.