Tuesday, March 22, 2005

The boardwalk to the observation post for the lake.

Shot of bamboo trees.

And bridge across, which was full of bees so Sarah had a lot of trouble crossing.

We went to the Bellingrath Garden and Home specifically to see all the azaleas in bloom.

This is a close up of azalea.

Azaleas in different color.

Gene had to have a picture with daffodils. Tradition.

I made a little collage. hee hee.

We stopped by Mobile for lunch. We thought these street lamps were cool.

A lot of the buildings in Mobile were dilapidated. Inside one such building.

Dauphin street of Mobile.

Second shot of the Dauphin Street.

We had lunch at Spot of Tea -- recommended by the visitor center.

The food was YUMMY!

My Monterey Blackened Chicken sandwich was sooooo good.

Our lunch place.

Mobile in the old days.

We stopped by A&M Peanuts to snack on peanuts.

We headed to the Gulf Shores to see the beach. There were kids flying kites.

And we admired the white sand beach.

My cousins Sarah & Gene by the beach.

Birds were everywhere.

And lots of pictures were taken.

While I just gazed at the ocean. I missed just watching the ocean!

My cousin Gene is from New York, my cousin Sarah from New Jersey/Boston (going to Wellsely college). And me w/terrible hair.

Sea shells! We collected them for a project.

The bird wasn't afraid of me.

So Sarah's friend's birthday was coming up so we collected sea shells to write "Happy Birthday Diane"

This is the finished project, which took a long time.

Ahhh. I miss the ocean already.

And another collage.

Hurricane Ivan's destruction was still visible at the Gulf Shores.

Not everything was back in place yet.

Funny enough, my cousins wanted to eat Korean food. Gene hadn't had Korean food in a while and Sarah just came from college for spring break. Boston apparently doesn't have very good Korean restaurants. So we went to a Korean restaurant in Montgomery, Alabama.

We stopped by the old train station of Montgomery.

Where Gene was busy taking more pictures before he went back home.

Sarah loved watching my dvd's. =) She had never seen When Harry Met Sally!

We went next to my apt., to Alabama Shakespeare's Festival and walked around the Shakespeare's garden.

She's running with the kids!

I didn't realize I was next door to turtles and weird birds!

We waited a long time for the turtles to come back out so we could take more pictures. But they dunked back into the water when I tried to get closer. Posted by Hello

No comments: