Sunday, March 06, 2005

Cahawba had a "Negro Burial Ground." This was one of the graves.

Another grave site in the "Negro Burial Ground."

This is the site of Cahawba's "new" cemetary created in 1851.

Lots of above ground stuff were in ruins like these. I didn't poke around to see if bodies were still there. Yick!

This well still has water flowing. It used to have enough pressure to allow running water in one of the Cahawba's house.

Water flowing out from the well.

Sturdivant Hall in Selma. This plaque explins all. It's a beautiful antebellum mansion.

This is Sturdivant Hall. The ceiling was really really high with huge rooms.

This is back courtyard of Sturdivant Hall.

Sooo, I wasn't allowed to take photos of Sturdivant Hall. But the guide let me take a few.;)

This was the master bedroom. Really high ceiling, and the bed was also big!

Still the master bedroom. All the fireplaces in the Sturdivant Hall were made of marble.

I went to National Voting Rights Museum in Selma.

Pretty bad picture of the museum but a street fair prevented me from getting a better picture.

Edmund Pettus Bridge. The famous Selma-Montgomery civil rights march took place by crossing this bridge over.

Posted by Hello

1 comment:

haeji said...

I know...it would be like kzillion dollars if this house was in the bay area. Not that I'm sure it's cheap in Alabama. =)